Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Updated Belly Picture


Here's a picture of my belly at 21 weeks. That's a little more than 5 months for those trying to do the math in your head. I always wondered why, when I asked pregnant women how far along they were, they answered in weeks and not months, but now I get it--because all milestones and appointments are referred to in weeks, so now that that's how I think, too.

There's all sorts of weird math in pregnancy. Everyone knows a woman is pregnant for about 9 months, right? Um...try 40 weeks....do the math...WAY more than 9 months. Isn't there even a movie called 9-months? They should really do something about the misnomer.

The fun new thing is that I've started to feel her move inside of me! At first I thought it was just gas, but the flutters and thumps I felt were not the same familiar feelings of gas I have felt for the last 28 years and when I described those feelings to other mothers they confirmed...yep, that's the little peanut saying hello or "give me some ice cream, dammit" (yeeeeah, that's what those kicks were...let's go to Ben and Jerry's, Steve and give baby what she needs).

Thanks for the continuous well wishes, everyone!
Monica (and Steve)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

those first little flutters are so exciting ... make sure to feed that little peanut all the ice cream she wants!!! :)

Beth Eckhaus said...

You look beautiful! I'm so glad I can still 'watch' your pregnancy from so far away! I miss you!!