Friday, July 20, 2007

The Little Peanut goes to Austin

I took the little peanut with me (hey, she goes where I go) to Austin, Texas to visit my best friend Erin this week. This was not her first trip to Texas, she was in Dallas for my cousin David's wedding last month, but this was probably the last plane trip for both of us before she emerges into the real world.

Since Erin can't come to visit until next year, she surprised me with the most adorable mini-baby-shower EVER. The guest list was me and Erin (and the little peanut, of course), but we still played games, including "smell the mystery baby food in the diaper" and "every time you say the word baby, you give the other person one of your 5 mini plastic pacifiers"....let's just say that there was a lot of passing back and forth of those little plastic charms. The funniest was when I saw a "baby spider" in the bathroom and announced it's diminutive status as such and lost one of my pacifiers that way. I think Erin won both games...

Here are some photos!

This is me in front of the adorable diaper cake she made. The belly is growing, right?

This is me smelling the...lamb? No, that was beige....perhaps the chicken and rice? Erin's husband Dave bought the baby food and took off the labels so that Erin could participate equally. Yes, it was as gross as it looks, and yes, we laughed very very hard.


This is me in front of an Austin landmark graffiti wall. Erin's sister Kathryn gifted the little peanut with an adorable little t-shirt with this same image.


And finally, here is me with my wonderful friend and hostess with the most-ess...Erin :)

3 comments:

Christie @ Honoring Health said...

Mon, you are positively glowing!

{{{HUGS}}}

Amanda A said...

Looks like you had a great time in Austin :) I hope the move goes well. I'm leaving for California tomorrow or I would have offered to help. Let me know if you need anything, I might be able to help when I get back.

Anonymous said...

I've been slacking on checking this... you look great! And how much fun it looks like you guys had!