Thursday, August 30, 2007

Setting up the crib and a new belly shot

Hi all!

It's been a few weeks since we posted, but we were busy getting settled into the new place, which we love!

As promised, here's the most recent shot of Monica's belly at 30 weeks (7.5 months!).


We were playing around with putting it in a slide show version along with the past pics so you can see the progression.



In other breaking baby news, we also bought a crib for the little peanut's room! We had heard that if you buy a new crib, it can take 10-14 weeks for delivery, but we were in luck! They had the exact one we wanted in stock. We put it together that afternoon! Now it feels like a real baby's room! Craziness!

The finished product!

Hope everyone is doing well these days! Drop us a line and keep us updated with your lives!

Love,

Monica and Steve

7 comments:

CLO said...

I love your blog! Monica just introduced me to it so I had to start from the begining - so cool to read about your little peanut from the beginning! :-) Looking forward to your next posts! C Lo

Jenny said...

I love the slideshow, if I ever have another one, I'll totally have to do that. Maybe I'll just have another one, just so I can have the slideshow. mmmm ... nah :)

Elisabeth's room was such a reality check once the crib was in it. It meant there really was a little one on his/her way to sleep in it :)

Love to you both!!!

Jodi said...

Mon, you definitely look pregnant now!

Ahhh... I am so, so, so excited for you guys!

Kaytie said...

Look at your belly! You look fabulous.

I haven't even so much as thought about baby stuff. It still seems so far away, but if there is such a long wait for cribs, maybe I shouldn't wait too long.

Chuck said...

Hi,
I found your blog by accident. Its great. My wife and I are having our first baby in MAy. I was looking at cribs and we found the one we wanted. However they want $125 do deliver and setit up. My question would be how difficult is it to setup and do you need any special tools?

Goos Luck,

Chuck & Sarah

Monica and Steve said...

Hi Chuck!

Congratulations to you and Sarah!

We didn't need any special tools to put the crib together--they provided us with one of those little L shaped tools that fit into their screws.

As for whether it was easy--we found it definitely doable with two people, even one being pregnant :) We did have a frustrating moment when we put one part in backwards, so just pay close attention to the instructions and you should be fine!

If you haven't ordered it yet, take note that it can take 10-12 weeks to arrive. Ours was in the store because someone had ordered the exact model and color we wanted 6 months prior and never picked it up, but the people at the store told us we were lucky because it never happens like that!

Good luck again, keep us updated :)

Monica

Anonymous said...

Whoa, we have the exact same crib... Well, same but four years older. Weird. :)