Friday, March 28, 2008

Visitors galore!

This week Addie had a lot of visitors--the first of the bunch came all the way from California--her great aunt Judy and cousin Noa (Noa is my (Monica's) first cousin, so we're thinking she's Addie's second cousin, or second cousin once removed, whatever it's called...why "removed" has to be in the title, we don't know, so we're just saying second cousin, or "super cool cousin" if you want to be official).

Here Addie is helping me get the house ready by cheering me on to get those dishes done.


Keep cleaning, mama, Daddy and I are going to have some couch time, kay? (just kidding feminists of the blog readership, Steve helped tons, I promise.)


They're here! Noa and Grandma Eva cuddling with Adeloo.


Addie has always loved her Grandma's voice--ever since the hour she was born!

Great Aunt Judy telling Addie all about the great artists of the world.

Addie's great uncle Alex and another super cool second cousin Deanna (both local) also stopped by to say hi.


Addie's eyelashes are SO long now--not sure if you can tell, but I think this picture shows it the best.


In other news--we got a new baby carrier called a "moby wrap"--Addie loves it! And see the bib? No, she's not eating solid foods quite yet, but she's become such a drooler that this is the only way we can keep her clothes dry!


Our friend Tamlynn and her adorable daughter Lily came over to meet Addie. Lily promised that in 10 years, she'll be Addie's baby sitter. You can see how much Addie admired Lily, so I think they'll also be friends!



Addie loved all her visitors so much! "Wait, you're all leaving already?"

3 comments:

Kaytie said...

I can't believe how big she is! What a cutie.

I want to hear all about how you like the moby wrap.

Oh, and because I'm a geek - your first cousin is Addie's first cousin once removed. The "once removed" refers to a difference in generation. Your first cousin's kids would be Addie's second cousins :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kaytie for the great clarification in regard to the cousin-ship. English is my second language so I feel "once removed" from my mother tongue as it is.

You are great - you should be a teacher or a writer!!

Addie was great with all the family around.
I am once removed from her (grandma).
Hope to meet you sometimes,
Eva

Danielle said...

Wow - she looks so much like Steve in that last photo with Mon's cousin!