Anyhoo, she hadn't made another body flip, assisted or otherwise, since then until...a few days ago. Addie was down for a nap. All of a sudden, we heard a strange scratching noise over the sound of the monitor---it was repetitive and insistent and quite strange when the only other sounds we've heard from the monitor are her crying, talking, or fussing. We went upstairs to check and Addie, who had been put down on her back as all babies are supposed to be put down nowadays, was now on her tummy! And instead of napping peacefully, she was carefully scratching at the Pooh design on her crib sheets.
Since last week we have found her on her belly in her crib several times (sometimes she's fine with it, other times she's screaming to get us to turn her over, and clearly she hasn't mastered it yet despite the previous "victory") but we had yet to actually catch the act of rolling. We were beginning to think that some bedtime fairy was turning Addie over :)
Well this morning during breakfast (mine, not hers) she proved me wrong--Addie is a roller...and here's the proof!
Doesn't she look so proud?? :) We are, too!
And finally, I present to you the newest favorite toy in the house...the Rainforest Jumperoo, providing minutes upon minutes of uninterrupted fun and distraction for the bean while I do things like cook dinner or....update the blog :)


5 comments:
Those pictures are classic!! What a memory. Yay Addie!!
I'm soo proud of her!! I'm glad you were able to get that in pics what a wonderful memory it will be
1 Love gramma-san
CONGRATULATIONS ADDIE! I agree ... fantastic pics Mon! And hilarious commentary:)
So my cousin (removed or what not) is the cutest baby...EVER! And quite talented! Congratz!
I LOVE how she looks right into the camera when you photograph her! A natural, I see. Before you know it Erin will be schooling her in the newest acting philosophies ;)
Post a Comment