Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What we've been up to

So you may be curious why the last post had a stick figure picture on it... And why it's been *so* long since the last photograph-filled post (I didn't think it was that long, but the natives were getting restless). Well...dum dum dummmm....the camera was missing. GASP! The very tool we use to capture the life and times of Addie Silvestro...gone. Poof. We checked everywhere, including the "hidey hole" (under the seat of Addie's little push car--we've found our keys and cell phones hidden in there). We were scanning our savings account to see if we could afford a "good" new one in these economic times when...

...it was discovered on a bookshelf behind some books. Phew! We're just grateful it's back and safe in our hands (especially because the last time we both remembered seeing it was when we took it out in the snow..eek!) I started to take more photos on my phone in the interim. It's actually a pretty good camera!

So what's been going on lately?

Well after the sickness lifted, we have just been doing everything and going everywhere.

The weather has been crazy. First we had snow:


(is that a camera down there?)

Then the sun came out and it was in the 70's less than a week later!

(this was from my phone camera--see, it's a good picture, right?)


We've been keeping busy by... reading stories with Uncle Dan's girlfriend Lauren. Addie calls her "Lo" :)



...dressing up and being a girly girl as always--look mom, I'm wearing a necklace!

(psst....check out all this that hair!)

...going to our mom's group every week and getting to play with other kid's toys. Here's Addie cheesin' it for Ellie's mom before climbing on Ellie's horsey (nayyyyyy)

Photo by Arria Ibach Durham

...and coloring. I got these amazing "Crayola Wonders" markers and special coloring book--the colors don't get on skin or furniture, just on the paper--it's great and keeps Addie occupied for hours!


Okay, that was an exxageration, it's more like minutes. Then the caps become more interesting.


And of course we actually have to get things done sometimes, like grocery shopping, running errands, etc. Addie usually behaves well when we're out and about (parenting tip: having snacks on hand always helps distract her from wanting to create general mayhem).

I'll leave you with this picture. I had to get the car serviced and the place we went has a little playroom. Addie walked right in and plopped herself down on the chair to have a snack. Doesn't she look like a big kid? She's no baby anymore!

4 comments:

Ellie and Charlie Durham said...

The phone camera did a great job as a backup! I gotta get one of those Crayola Wonder things!!!! Addie is, as always, super cute in all seasons!!!

Anonymous said...

she is the cutest!!!! she's getting sooo big too. you need to do me a favor- though increase your specs on your camera - I can't print any of the prints out :(

Erin said...

yay!!! this native was very restless. I need at a minimum a weekly dose of addie pics to fuel me through the boredom of dissertation. She is a cute little snow bunny. And I love her curls in the back. And her cheesy grin--winner! xoxo

Marissa said...

I love the fact that in the last pic you can a) see you taking the pic in the reflection and b) Is that The Late Show with Craig Ferguson playing on the TV in the background? How late were you out woman!! More importantly, Addie is super duper cute and so so big!