Because of this whole "Saving for a House" thing and because our car was in an accident a few months back which required mucho dinero to fix, we had to cancel our planned beach vacation back to Chincoteague this year. So instead, we went up to New Jersey to visit Ya-Ya and Poppy and since they live 45 minutes from the Jersey Shore--voila, quick beach vacation! We only actually spent an hour and a half total AT the beach (Avon by the Sea--Hi Schusters!) and spent just as much time in the car, but we had a blast in that short time.
Addie enjoyed the sand and surf MUCH more than last year.
Steve showed Addie how to build a sandcastle....
Addie re-created her "I am seriously considering the vastness of the ocean" look from last year...
...so after a quick snack and grin at the camera, we hit the surf.
The only time Addie had her feet in water was when she had both of her hands firmly in each of ours, so due to our lack of available hands, pictures of this phenomenon were not taken. But trust me, she had what we call "Addie cautious fun" and was so much better than last year when she screamed if we were 5 feet from the shore.
Hi!
Back at Ya-Ya and Poppy's, Addie showed Ya-Ya how to use the phone.
And Poppy continued teaching Addie how to play the drums, and we got a really cute video of it, but unfortunately...the video isn't uploading. :( I will try and re-load so check back to this post!
On the drive home, we made our typical stop to visit the McGee family. Steve played tickle monster with Addie and Shannon
And the girls took turns playing with Shannon's very cool toys
Here are Addie and Shannon back in December 2007...
"Hey...I used to fit under there!" Look how big Addie is! And how little Kelly is :)
Baby Kelly, can I join you?
All in all we had a blast on our vacation and our mini-beach trip.
Now...if anyone wants to buy us a house... ;)


5 comments:
I love that pensive look on Addie's little face at the ocean!!!
Yes, Addie contemplating the ocean needs to continue every year!
Look at how little the "big girls" were. Thanks for visiting!
I can't believe how big Addie looks next to the baby! I guess I still think of our little girls as babies until I see them next to a baby :)
Rockville!? You'll be so close so we can finally meet up!
cuteness! Its amazing to compare the "big girls" (Addie and Shannon) to wee little sweet Kelly! Amazing how fast they grow.
Anyways, my favorite is Addie's "yegs". That made me laugh. I can't wait until Kai starts to talk! Miss you all. Enjoy the rest of summer and then there's fun in the fall!
x C
Post a Comment