If you haven't seen the Thanksgiving post yet, scroll down and take a look at the mad scientist mullet she had going on. I was holding desperately onto the fact that I could put pigtails in her hair (though they lasted all of 4 minutes) and was hoping that the top would start growing to catch up with the back and...well, it sounds silly now that I'm writing it out!
So we talked to a Rockville friend for a recommendation and headed to Kidville. Addie had a fussy morning (rainy day...they're never good) so I was nervous, but she was a total and complete ANGEL. The lady who cut her hair said "come back and hang out with me" and "she's better behaved than kids twice her age!" I just smiled and said thank you, not feeling the need to point out the 3 tantrums she had before 9:30 am even hit.
Excited to sit in a "yittle pink ay-pane"
Even more excited to watch a DVD of Dora while the process happened (yes, I admit that this did contribute to the good behavior)
Look at me, I'm a big girl with a big girl haircut!
Mama/daughter portrait (notice her eyes aren't looking directly at the camera....Dora)
She even got a "My first haircut" certificate for her baby book.
And they gave me a little envelope with a hefty lock of hair. A friend of mine had one from her son's first haircut and her husband threw it into the junk drawer. She said "why did you do that?" and he said "if it's in there...it'll NEVER get thrown away"
Which makes me wonder...if you are a parent, do you have your kid's first shorn lock of hair? Do you take it out and look at it?
Just glad it's not a tradition to keep first fingernail clippings... ;)


5 comments:
Yes I believe I have Stevos in an envelope in his baby book - couldn't swear that I have Dougo's though! She looks so cute!
Mavzyboo's hair travels with me everywhere. On my clothes, in my bag, cooked into my leftovers. I treasure it.
Cooked in leftovers??? Erin? Way to slip that one in there :) haha
My mom kept a lock of all our first haircuts in a little envelope that went into our baby books. It's usually cute to show the kid how different their hair used to be. I don't know, I guess it's some sort of tradition. Just go with it ;-)
Big girl! You "look good, Addie" (according to Shannon).
Been thinking about you lots, but crazy busy this week. Will call soon!
Post a Comment