This week Addie turned 2 and a half and Cole turned 2 months old!
Cole has started to become a VERY happy baby and we are loving every smile we can coax out of him! He likes when we eat in front of him or just make munching noises (Addie loved that, too) and he just likes when we smile at him--he just smiles back. He's such a happy baby! Unless he's hungry, overtired, or riding in the car (grrrr...) he's a pretty laid back kid, which we are SO grateful for. So does that mean that life is easy in the Silvestro household? In a word...no. Cole doesn't give us more than 2.5 hours of sleep at a stretch at night (often less) though he usually gets a 3+ hour stretch in the late afternoon--that's no help to us! We've started waking him up at the 3 hour point, because as much as I hate waking a sleeping baby, I also need more night sleep! Luckily I have the best husband in the world and he does one of the night feedings so that I can get a good stretch of sleep at night. And while Addie is AMAZING with Cole--she loves and kisses him as much as she can, any frustration she has at no longer being the center of the universe anymore is taken out directly on us. She cries and whines and tantrums quite a bit these days--the last two weeks have been really hard. If she doesn't get what she wants...and right in the split second after her request comes out of her mouth--tears. Needless to say, mommy is tired and frazzled all the time, so if you get a strange comment from me or if I forget something...please forgive.
But wow, this smile makes all those sleepless nights worth it.
Channeling Uncle Dan's inability to keep his eyes open in a picture ;)
When you have one child that you love so much it hurts (even when she's throwing a tantrum) it's hard to imagine that you'll be able to make room in your heart to love another just as much.
But gazing down at smiles likes this and I have no hesitation to say that our hearts have fully opened and expanded and we are very much in love with Cole as much as our darling Addie.


1 comment:
he is such a cutey pie and I can't believe he's gotten sooo big!
Post a Comment