Arlington County Fair, 2008. Addie was just about 9 months old.
Not so excited, huh? Well, two summers later and Addie was SO excited when we told her we were going to the fair. And then even MORE excited when we told her what happens at a fair! Woohoo!
The Montgomery County Agricultural Fair 2010. Addie is 2 years and 9 months old, Cole is 5 months and one week old (yes yes, I'm late with his 5 month update...be patient with me).
First Addie and I rode this ride called the "wiggle worm"--yes, it was quite wiggly.
Then Addie rode a "REAL LIVE PONY" (as she will tell you). She was very serious through most of the ride, but very brave since she was wearing her "brave hat" (which is a separate hat from the Phillies hat she's wearing. It is imaginary and has nothing to do with the Atlanta Braves, and everything to do with Addie's own brand of courage!) and immediately asked for another ride after it was over.
We then headed to the 4-H part of the fair. We saw all kinds of animals. These pigs were ENORMOUS.
Addie tends to get flushed in the heat. I swear, we did put sunblock on her face and she has no sunburn :)
Cole was hot and tired, he had the same dazed look as Addie did two years ago in the same Ergo baby carrier.
Regarding the cows
Addie called this baby goat a "puppy goat"
Then Addie got to pet a "REAL LIVE BUNNY!"
After washing our hands very very well, we headed to find some food for an early dinner.
Addie chose a hot dog and we chose gyros.
Cole chose to pass out JUST as I wanted to sit down and eat...
...oops, I dropped some lettuce on his arm
After "dinner" (Addie--somewhat wisely--only ate half of her hot dog) Addie and Steve did one more ride--these were "hot air balloons" that flew into the air
Then Addie got to play a game where she chose two rubber duckies and won a prize
Then Addie had her very first funnel cake! Yum! (note her duckie prize of a very high-quality plastic...non-functioning...binoculars). Addie was more interested in the lemonade than the funnel cake...more for us!
Cole finally woke up and decided he wanted to drive the car home.
Backup camera shmackup camera, I reverse the old fashioned way, beep beep, coming through!
We got home close to bedtime, and Addie was hungry, so despite being offered junky fair fare she gobbled up a living room picnic of cucumbers, hummus, apples, and cheese. Yes, I'm bragging about my good eater!
We had a blast! Hooray for summer fun!!


No comments:
Post a Comment