Thursday, June 9, 2011

Last Day of School


So today was Addie's last day of her first year of preschool. I would be lying if I said it was a smooth road. Addie cried almost every day at drop-off and while she would often cheer up soon after I left (according to the teacher and other parents), there were times when I would pick her up at the end of the 2.5 hours to find her sitting on a chair quietly while the other kids played. She sometimes didn't participate in the art projects, which is strange because she LOVES to do art at home. But she always thrived during Mini Movers--a singing/dancing/activity thing they did once a week. The school she attended was a co-op which meant that there was one teacher and 2 parents per class day and the parents all rotated, so I was there sometimes, and not there others. This inconsistency, we feel, was not good for Addie, so we have chosen a new (non-co-op) school for next year. Crossing our fingers that next year is an easier one for her!

I took pictures on the first and last day and WOW they have both changed so much. We expected Cole to change over the 9 moths--he went from a immobile 6 month old that didn't even crawl let alone walk to a walking/running/trouble-making little toddler. But ADDIE--WOW, she went from little girl to big girl in one school year. She now insists on choosing her outfit (resulting in some solo-dress-up days at school--from Redskins Cheerleader to Snow White to Fancy Nancy) and she can dress herself, put her own shoes on, take herself to the bathroom, and she's quite the independent little girl.

Check out these pics--September 2010 to June 2011...wow what a difference!!




How does time fly so fast?????



1 comment:

Erin said...

It's really incredible how much she has grown this year. She is adorable, adorable, and I wish her lots of luck next year in her new school!!!