So little Cole, at 16.5 months, is a crazy crazy talker. When Cole was young, I brazenly decided that he would be more active than his sister, less talkative, and more laid back. I was right, right, wrong. He is definitely more active than Addie was--he's handling stairs much better and can climb better than Addie could, but he's way more cautious than I assumed he would be, for a boy, I guess. And he has what feels like a gazillion words and has already started to put two words together like "Hi Daddy" and "Mommy Up" and "Addie sad" (sadly, he says that one a lot, because--well, she is cranky a lot ;). Today we were at Barnes and Noble and they have a train table there. He took one of the trains and pushed it into a tunnel and said "Bye Bye Choo Choo" and then looked at me and said "Choo Choo Seep (sleep)" and did the sign for sleep. So sweet! I love play pretend!
He can also answer questions:
When you ask him "How are you?" he always says "Goo(d)" and if you ask him how something tastes he will respond with the same.
When you ask "Who wants yogurt?!" or anything really, he will answer "I do!!!"
When you ask him where something is, he says "I no no (I don't know)" or if he's looking for something he will say "I no no no pashee" (aka I don't know where my pacifier is and I have a slight addiction and I want it RIGHT NOW--sigh, more on that another time). And while he has known "NO" forever, he now answers in the affirmative with a "Mm Hm"or an "Uh Huh"--too funny.
He wants to know what everything is by saying "Dat" as in "What's that?" and is a good parrot, which I think is how he learns so many words. Also that he has an older sister that NEVER STOPS TALKING :)
I'm proud to report that he knows one color now--Black! We have a What Color book and we've gone through it a bunch. He's repeated the colors, and black and white were first, but hadn't identified a color outside of that book until today at the bookstore. He first pointed to a black part of a train and said "back" and then found a Mickey Mouse book (he's kind of obsessed with Mickey) and the front had a picture of Mickey's head in a felt material. He pointed to the ear and said "B(l)ack" and then "sof(t)" SO fun watching these kiddos learn.
He's also very empathetic. When Addie hurts herself, he rushes over to kiss whatever it is that she hurt. If she's whining/complaining/crying about something, he will often just randomly give her a hug and half the time, it stops her! It's so sweet :)
He's also very stubborn. Oh man, I also thought he would be more easy-going than Addie, and he is to a degree, but he's not a laid back kid. He doesn't get what he wants and he has tantrums already, screaming, walking to a wall and facing the wall as if to say "I don't like you."
After reading all I wrote (and no, I'm not editing, you get my thoughts as they come out), I realize I am breaking the cardinal rule of NOT COMPARING YOUR CHILDREN. I like to say that this rule should read "DONT COMPARE YOUR CHILDREN....IN FRONT OF THEM" Okay?
So onto my Addie. She is reading...like a lot. Like a whole sentence like "The red hen sat on the fat cat." She has these BOB books that are awesome and of course she stumbles sometimes and needs help others, she's only 3.5 but she really really can read them! She remembers words and phrases as a whole, so once she asked on a catalog "what does this say?" and I said "Back to School" and 3-4 weeks later she saw it on a sign at Target and said "look, Mommy, that says "Back to School!" Yes, my dear, you are right, it does. She'll also randomly surprise me, like we'll look on the On Demand listings as I'm flipping through and say "let's watch Bob the Builder, I see it at the top" or "Oh look, Super Why is on" Um...okay?????? Soon the days will be over when we can spell things around her to avoid her understanding :)
She's also quite sassy....the other day we were in the basement cleaning up and I said "I'm going to put the blocks away, what are you going to do to help? and she replied "I'm going to DANCE in case you get bored" Nice try, girlfriend. And the only reason that Cole gets more airtime on this post than Addie is because at this age he's developing so much that SO much is new. We love them both equally and are equally amazed and in awe of these amazingly adorable and sweet children that we have in our lives!
Okay, more updates to come. We went to the Jersey Shore (and yes, saw Snooki) so I need to post the pictures before Halloween comes....love you all!


1 comment:
Love this post. What bright (and cute and sweet) kids you have!!
You saw Snooki??
Post a Comment