This year has been a good holiday season. We finally got lights up outside (around the big tree in front of our house, next year we'll actually trim the house), and we have a santa, tree, and menorah adorning our storm door. We had a good Hannukah, having latkes at Gaga's house and lighting the menorah at home...sorry, but no photos to commemorate. My bad!
For the Christmas festivities we headed north to New Jersey. The kids were able to entertain themselves while I packed everyone up. At one point I heard Addie say "MOMMY!! COME WITH YOUR CAMERA!" So I dropped what I was doing and ran.... It was worth it :)
At Yaya and Poppy's house Addie baked cookies with Yaya.
If you ask Addie, you can never have too many sprinkles.
There was a lot of music played.
A lot of comfy cozy hanging around
The traditions continue with the hanging of their own ornaments on their tree.
The putting out cookies and milk for Santa
The hanging of stockings (Cole was cranky and tired, excuse his sour face)
Addie woke us up excitedly at 5:30am...she went back to sleep, and so did Cole, on top of me and then on top of Steve. Not sure the adults got the same extra Zs...
The kiddos got to check out their stocking loot! This Christmas lollipop tradition is Addie-inspired. "Of course Santa will bring me another lollipop in my stocking" Um...of course.
And can you believe we actually had BREAKFAST before tearing into all these amazing gifts. How could these kids keep their hands away? Restraint that I doubt we will see in the future :)
Cole LOVES Mickey Mouse--this was his present from Addie :)
Yaya got Addie a bridal gown and accessories for her dress-up box. This picture is foreshadowing 20+ years from now...a blushing bride!
Digging into the gifts!
Hugs...
Books...
and Food...all make a great Christmas.
Doug, Alli, and Julie came down...how friggin' cute is that smile?
and Julie got her Fancy on with some fashion accessories. Show it, girl!
The kiddos loved snacking together...
....chilling on the ground together...
And playing "light sabres" outside together.
It was a VERY merry Christmas. Thank you all for the amazing gifts!!! XXOO


















1 comment:
What fun! I will definitely borrow this one: "of course Santa will bring me..."
Post a Comment