Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What does a baby do with her her spare time?

Being a baby is VERY busy these days. There's a lot of pressure to develop a strong resume for college applications pretty much from birth, so Adeline has quite a full schedule:


Today we went to her first yoga class! Here she is lookin' all granola in her namaste onesie and peapod hat. (Note: about 3 seconds after I snapped this cute smile, she spit up all over the onesie--remember "Addie the volcano?" About 3 seconds after that, she started wailing--good thing I got the cute picture, eh?)


I'm a HUGE proponent of reading to children--I honestly believe you can't start too young. I try to read her a book every day--some days she actually stares at the pages, exciting me into thinking we have a literary genius on our hands, other days...she looks out the window, grunts, and passes gas. Here she is sporting her "Very Hungry Caterpillar" outfit in support of spreading baby literacy.

Addie is trying out for the very competitive baby hand sucking team--we're not talking little slurps here people. When this girl sucks on her hand, you can hear it through the whole house! Here we are practicing for the playoffs.

And finally, Addie has been working on developing her tone and musical abilities by following in her daddy's footsteps and becoming a full-fledged U2-phile. Here, Addie and Daddy sport matching t-shirts that say "Achtung Baby" (the name of a U2 album, for those who don't know) and "Achtung Daddy" (my clever take on the album's name for the sole purpose of creating the T-shirts). Surely she'll be a renaissance woman of musical instruments 15 years from now as a result of all the music she's been hearing since being in my belly.
Steve has already talked about getting her an electric guitar and lessons for her 5th birthday. Living vicariously through your children...can't go wrong with that, right? ;)


Next up...luge lessons?

5 comments:

danlaufer said...

I vote the Achtung Baby/Daddy picture the best picture taken of Adeline by a landslide [Steve too! :)]

Unknown said...

namaste, indeed. this baby's smile is so big i think she must be smiling all the way down to her toes!

Erin said...

Oh my god, the Achtung baby/daddy picture had me and Kathryn exclaiming for five minutes! SOOOO adorable! And this was after I had to show her the pea pod picture with her big grin. SO CUTE.

Anonymous said...

Lil' Liney is looking cuter than ever. So are her mommy and daddy! You guys rock. If Alli and I can manage to keep either of our cars in one piece for a little longer, we may just have to take another trip down and visit. Either way, you three are always welcome for as long as you like at our humble abode!

Kaytie said...

She is getting so big! And I just LOVE that Namaste onesie :)

What a cutie.