Today is my first Mother's Day as a Mother. I woke up to the sounds of my beautiful baby girl babbling happily in her crib and immediately felt grateful. Grateful for my mother, Eva, for Steve's mother, Joan, and for all the other mothers in the world who have demonstrated what it means to be a good mother so that I can be the best one for Adeline that I possibly can be. I hope!
This year, more than ever, do I understand the feeling of immense love, of devotion, of the sacrifice of a mother that I have seen before, yet never fully understood until now.
When I went to Addie's crib and saw her smiling face as she grabbed her toes with delight, I knew immediately that I am the luckiest person on the face of the earth.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's in the world, but especially the ones who have helped me, Steve, and now Addie, to become who we are today...
My mother and little me

Mom with little me and little (Uncle) Dan


Tiny little Steve with his mama


The mama-san with little (Uncle) Doug and Steve

Proud Grandma Joan with tiny little bundle of Adeline
Grandma Eva singing to Addie during her first hour of life
And thank you, Adeline Eve, for picking me to be your mom.
Happy Mother's Day, to all the mothers--past, present, and future.


7 comments:
Okay, for some reason I lost my previous comment, so here it goes (it will not be as long as the previous one).
I also was always very happy that you and Dan chose me to be your mother (as crazy as I can be).
One of the greatest thrills in my life right now is to see you and Steve becoming the "bestest" parents to Ah-dee and let me tell you, you are great!!! Happy first MOTHER'S DAY my darling.
I second that emotion! (Eva and I usually share the same emotions!- one reason why we have such great kids huh?) Happy Mother's Day love! Give the baby a kiss for me!
Ok, your post seriously made me cry :) Have a wonderful, beautiful day!
~Danielle
Oh Monica, what a beautiful post. Happy Mother's Day!!
Okay...I'm all choked up now. *sniff* Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
it was a special day yesterday, I wholeheartedly agree. Congrats on your first official Mother's Day :)
When I was growing up, my mom used to say things to me that made me roll my eyes. Things like, "I love you more than the sun and the moon and the stars." I finally understand.
Happy belated Mother's Day!
Post a Comment