Thursday, May 22, 2008

Questions answered

In my last post, I offered that you could ask anything about Addie and I would answer. Here are the answers to your burning questions!

1. What's Addie's favorite color?

When I asked Steve, he said "Clear....the color of the massive amount of drool she produces every day." Yes folks, Addie is an incessant drooler.

But I'm going to say pink, only because despite my desire to avoid "the socialization of gender by color," Addie looks really really adorable in pink.

2. How much is she weighing these days?

At Addie's 6-month doctor's appointment last week, she weighed in at 17 lbs, and measures 27 3/4inches long. She is tall for her age (she is taller than 90% of other babies her age!) and when we are out and about and people ask her age and we respond, the mothers out there all say "wow...she's big for her age!" and we just smile, nod, and say "yes, we have a future basketball star on our hands."

3. Does Addie prefer frogs or turtles?

I would say turtles. Not sure you can tell in this pic below, but her shirt has a turtle on it next to the slogan "Thrill Seeker" :) and her shoes are cute turtle shoes that Shannon lent her. There's a tree-frog hanging on her rainforest jumperoo and she usually ignores him for the toucan. Definitely turtles.



4. Do you think Addie would like to climb Mt Everest some day?

Referring again to the photo above, Addie is indeed a thrill-seeker, and will hopefully be an adventurer and think about climbing Everest. That said, before I became a mother, I would probably think "dude, if my daughter climbed Everest, that would be awesome." Now as a mother, I think "um....how safe is that?" :)

5. Do you think Ah-dee is ticklish? and if yes, where?

YES! Addie is most ticklish on her tummy and a little bit behind her neck. When we kiss her tummy she often has a funny little chuckle--a little on the deep side, a "huh, huh, huh" sound which sounds a little Beavis and Butthead-ish

6. Are there any new sounds she likes?

Since we've forayed into the world of solid foods, she likes when we make lip-smacking noises and will imitate us making those noises, which is super cute. Also--popping noises we make with our mouths.

7. Shannon: Do you mind when I try to eat you? I also like to pull other babies' hair now, is that okay with you?

mmm.....hair

Dear Shannon,

I don't mind if you eat me, as long as you leave a little bit left for my mommy and daddy. I've heard that my thighs are very delicious to nibble upon. Hair pulling? Well, I don't have much to pull, but to speak on behalf of the other babies out there---I'm not quite down with that at this point in my many months of life.

Love, your BFF, Addie.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

ha ha, that was very fun! :) good idea