Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Steve!!!

Yesterday was Steve's very first Father's Day! How did we celebrate? Well, we spent almost the entirety traveling, but hey, we were all together!! :) We went to visit his side of the family down in Lafayette, Louisiana and we had the most wonderful time. I'll be posting pictures and stories from the trip in the next day or two, but for now....some "Addie and Mommy get ready for Father's Day" fun that transpired last week:

Fingerpainting!!! I don't know who had more fun, me or Addie!


First I got some non-toxic fabric paint and let Addie at it on a t-shirt

Just a little messy. Oh so happy.

Here's the final product:



I knew the fabric paint was non-toxic, but I wasn't sure how hard it would be to wash it off Addie's body, so we limited the paint time with that stuff, but what fun is that? So I also got some Crayola Non-Toxic Washable finger paint to make a big old mess (er....card) for Steve.


Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Hmmm....what would this taste like?



It's bathtime already??

Oh yes it is :)

Too much fun!!


So the t-shirt was Steve's present from Addie.

This was my present to Steve. Thank you so much for being the best father you can be to Addie. Better than I could ever have imagined. I love you so much.

6 comments:

danlaufer said...

Why was Bono carrying Addie at 2 minutes and 24 seconds?

Also your opening quote by "Anonymous" is absolutely the truth. Happy Father's day.

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful - thank you for marrying my son and giving him (us) such a wonderful family! Love you all

Jodi said...

I love it! Can't wait to see you!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh Monica, that was so sweet. It brought a tear to my eye!

CLO said...

too cute too cute too cute!!

Christie @ Honoring Health said...

Your child is precious, my dear.