Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Miscellaneous summer fun

With the weather as warm as it has been, it seems that summer is officially here--okay, I know it's not "official" for another couple of weeks. But when the sunblock is out and hats are required...it's summer.

What does summer mean to Addie?

Swimming!

This was Addie's first time in a pool! She was a little hesitant at first ("hmm...this water is cooler than my bath...and why am I wearing clothes and a hat?") but she loved it after just a few minutes. This baby pool with detachable sun shade will be worth its weight in gold if it keeps her entertained and cool this summer--and it only cost us $15! woohoo! I'm hoping to have a lot of pool parties with Addie's baby friends Anne, Reese, et al, this summer.



You can see more pictures from our fun pool-party here:


Watching the summer storms

We had a huge storm over the weekend and while Addie looked towards the window with every crash of thunder, she wasn't ever scared. Watching the rain come down entertained her for quite a few minutes (in baby-time, a few minutes is eons in terms of attention span!). And no, she's not pulling herself up yet, I put her there and she stayed put.

Drinking coffee

No, silly, we don't give Addie coffee, we actually don't drink much coffee ourselves. But we do like meeting up with other people who do! Here's Addie hanging out with "aunt" Danielle at the Java Shack.


Being silly

Okay, being silly is just what happens all the time in the Silvestro household, but in the summer, silliness seems to be more fun, right? Here is a series of photos from some bath-time antics.

"Do you think anyone can see me?"

"Yay, Daddy found me!"

"Mom, please sing that bunny foo foo song again as you dry me"

"oooh...what's that white stuff?"

"I can spin it...and it looks like it tastes good..."
"Ew, that didn't taste as good as I thought it would"


Summer foods!

Summer to us means fresh fruit like watermelon and strawberries...yum! I can't wait to hit the farmers markets to get fresh seasonal peaches to make for Adeline. For Addie, summer means getting to try even more new foods--Yesterday was Addie's first taste of peas!


Despite the lack of a smile here, she really did like it. We love this pic because it looks like she has a fluorescent green goatee :)

Birthdays!!

Yesterday was Steve's 28th birthday! Happy Birthday!

Addie loved helping him open his presents.


Father and daughter playing with their respective toys. Daddy--a video game, Addie...the gift bag that held the game.



Hope you're having as much summer fun as we are!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo jealous that Danielle sees my peanut more then me! She's all set for summer - can I join 'Club Silvestro'?