No picture today, just a story.
But first a preface:
I fell in love with my friend Rosanne's girls Lila and Pearl well before Addie arrived on the scene. At work, Rosanne would tell me a particularly adorable story about Lila or Pearl or both and I'd run home with the tidbit and the minute Steve walked through the door, I would say "you'll never believe what Lila said today." Lila (now 7) called blueberries "boolies" as a little'un and since I told that story to Steve years and years ago, we've called blueberries boolies ever since. Until Addie recently renamed them "baoo" (ball). I left a voicemail for Rosanne to tell her about the boolies to baoo renaming and she left another one back with me asking if there were other stories about the girls that I remembered that she may have forgotten. Forgotten? Hm...seems that sleep deprivation and hard work can render a good parent amnesic when it comes to the little things, so I decided when Addie does something particularly adorable (in our eyes), I may just have to record it on the blog. Surely you all won't mind too much.
On to the actual story...
Last night Steve and I were both giving Addie a bath. He's a darn good singer and there's something about his voice that Addie just loves. As I gently cleaned away the food stains and dirt of the day, Steve sang a Bing Crosby song called "Count Your Blessings" while Addie stared up at him, enraptured. When he finished the song, we were all silent. Addie did the sign for "more"--so to please his encore-demanding crowd, Steve sang it again. Again she listened--rapt and open-mouthed. One more "more" sign, one more encore, then she was happy and bath was over. It was a beautiful moment for our little family. Luckily, recorded in the blogosphere for many many years.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
The same thing happens when I sing to my cats ;)
Seriously though, that is a very sweet little memory.
I love when Stevo sings too. You need to record some for her. Love you all! Had a great time this weekend miss you bunches again. (and thank you for my party too!)
I love this story, and have shared it with a few people since you posted it. It's not only incredibly sweet, but really demonstrates the merits of teaching little ones some sign language. :-) Love to you all!
Post a Comment