Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Addie!


Well, blog-followers, I don't know if you can believe it, but tomorrow, Ms. Adeline Eve turns ONE YEAR OLD. I'm still in denial :) A year ago this evening, Steve and I were walking around the local mall because it was raining out. We were doing everything all the books say helps to get a baby out. She was already late and we were getting pretty antsy. At about 9pm, the contractions started and the crazy road of parenthood began.

It has truly been the best year of our lives. Adeline has brought us an immense amount of joy, happiness, laughter, tears, dancing, giggles...the list goes on and on. We want to thank all of you for following along this journey with us! You have watched Addie grow and learn and become the crazy little bear she is today.

This weekend we had a birthday party for her so that her grandparents and Uncle Doug and Aunt Alli could join us from New Jersey. We truly wished that we could have invited everyone, but we didn't have enough room in the house and we didn't want to overwhelm her with the crowds, so we kept it small. Addie held up well, even with all eyes on her. She was a bit clingy at times and didn't quite enjoy the cake as much as we had heard babies do (hey, as a nutrition counselor, my daughter rejecting refined sugar/refined flour cake is A-OK with me!), but overall we think she had a good time!

And also a very Happy Birthday to Gramma-San Silvestro! I took pictures of her cake with our slowly deteriorating camera and now I can't get them off. I'll update it when it works again.

My friend Megan (Reese's mom) took
Align Center these AMAZING pictures--thank you, Megan! You rock!

Enjoy!


Getting ready for the fun with Mommy...

...and Daddy

Family Photo!
Back row: Uncle Doug, Grandpa Silvestro, Daddy Steve, and Uncle Dan (the menfolk)
Front row: Aunt Alli, Grandma Silvestro, Momma Monica, Addie, Grandma Eva (da womens)


Our theme was "butterflies" inspired by...the dress we bought for Addie to wear. :)

Steve and I made and decorated the cake!

No, Addie, it's not cake time, yet!

Addie's wonderful grandmothers share a hug

And a story


Uncle Dan arriving with balloons, aka "bah!" (ball, in Addie vernacular)


Trying out her new wagon from Gma/Gpa Silvestro!

Some of the details







Addie in a very good mood



And then we gave her some cake...

Despite her interest in it before, she didn't like everyone singing to her and being put in the high chair when she wasn't hungry. Not so happy anymore :)

Luckily she had some of her friends to cheer her up.

Pearl
Nate

Anne

And of course, her baby friend she knows the best, Reese


You brought me gifts, too? GASP!

Our future fashion bug was more interested in her new clothes than the toys...

...not for long--toys trump it all

Look at how big you are, Addie! You are growing and learning so much every day. You will soon be so big, it will be hard to remember when we could hold you in our arms....but you will always be our little baby girl.



11 comments:

Jenny said...

aw. that year went by SO fast, and even though I'm so far away, I feel like I got to share it with you anyway. Mon, remember when Elisabeth was a teeny little munchkin when we brought her to your dorm room? that doesn't feel like eleven years ago!!! it's amazing how much they change and grow; it's so fun and so hard and the best thing in the world. muah to you both, give each other a big hug from me, you've survived the first year ... round of applause :)

Erin said...

Happy happy happy birthday my little "niece" Adeline Eve! I wish I had been there for your party--what fun! Congratulations on a wonderful year full of firsts, Ms. Butterfly, Addie, the Adster, you have many yet to come! LOVE YOU!!!!!! Your "aunt" Erin

Megan said...

Happy Birthday ADDIE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

CLO said...

Happy Birthday Addie!!! Its been amazing to follow your development from a we baby to a toddler via your mama's blog! I also wanted to point out that your hair is growing and i am loving the little wavy curls on the back and sides! :-)

love, auntie clo

Jen said...

Awww, happy birthday Addie!!!

Ellie and Charlie Durham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellie and Charlie Durham said...

Happy Birthday Addie!!!!!! You are too cute for words!

Kaytie said...

I wasn't expecting this post until tomorrow. I can't believe she's 1! How did that happen?

Happy Birthday Addie!

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday, Addie! Looks like you had a fun party. Nice job, Mama and Dada.

Can't wait to see you!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Addie! It's been so fun to watch you grow through the blog :)