
Two days after the first day of spring, she comes down with a fever and a lot of snot and coughing. Fun fun! So we were inside a lot (because mother nature doesn't really know that our calendar people has declared it "spring" and it's been a yucky week) and after playing with everything in our house a gazillion times, I decided to get creative. Unfortunately, the queen of the household did not deem my creativity cool enough and I realized I should have stuck to the old standbys. I kept thinking about the Fail Blog the whole time.
We headed out to Target to get some fun new cool stuff-woohoo!
"Hey, Addie! Wanna fingerpaint? You liked it when you were 7 months old. See, mommy is doing it. Wanna try, Addie?"
"You want me to do what now?"
Instead:
"Hey mom, is that your toothbrush?? I resist brushing my teeth at bedtime when you actually want me to, but woooooo, let's brush my teeth NOW!!!!"
"Hey Addie, look! I took a big box and made you a cool fort. You can crawl into the fort. See, your stuffed monkey is in there, do you want to go in the fort?"
Instead: she colored happily in the "coloring station" (the wagon she got for her birthday and we have yet to bust out because the weather hasn't been consistently good enough). Okay, it's not bad that she was happily coloring, just funny because BEFORE my "let's do new things today" declaration, she wanted nothing to do with coloring.
"Hey, Addie, wanna make homemade playdough? It's SOOO fun. I'll make it pink--wanna touch it? Seriously, it's fun to touch--come on, Addie, I'm a cool mom--I make HOMEMADE PLAYDOUGH"
Instead: "Ooh, mom, can I turn the light switch on and off a gazillion times? Ooohhhh....."
Okay, I did get one new thing that she really liked--a "no-spill bubble tumbler". It's a pretty cool device and she loves it. But we pretty much blow bubbles every day, so it's only "semi new and cool"
And here's a hint--when you don't want to take her out of the house for fear that other children will get whatever bug made your dear one sick, and you can't really go for a walk because it's too cold and you've already been to Target that day--let your kiddo pretend to drive. Seriously, it was TEN WHOLE MINUTES of fun. I got a video on my phone her driving and singing, but sadly, I can't figure out how to post the file. Trust me it's cute--next time you're with me, ask to see it on my phone.
So luckily, the sun is out today and it's going to be mid-60's. That's a good thing because I'm out of "cool new" ideas.
And I leave you with a classic Addie pic. This girl is such a drama queen--she doesn't just say "NO" when she doesn't want to do something, she closes her eyes, throws her head to the side and purses her lips into a long drawn out "nooooooooooooooooooo"



8 comments:
This blog is taking a darker twist...
Aw, sorry the sweet girl is sick again. She still looks as cute as ever, though!
What can I say, Dan, she's entered the terrible twos (and yes, she's only 1) :)
she is still the cutest baby around!! Is she feeling any better?
I personally think Addie looks happy and content with the new activities - it is Monica who would need tender loving care.
By the way, I checked out the "fail blog" - I loved it, it is the funniest thing I have seen for a while.
thanks,
eva
Sorry she's sick :( She is just so cute! And nothing you do falls in the fail category but your blog was hilarious! We did the driving the car thing yesterday today. It is a good one!
LOVE IT ALL! The toddler driving is the best though! You're the best Mom...don't tell Ellie ;)
We missed you at playgroup!!!
Poor thing (both of you). Isn't it great how the strangest things will entertain them? Hannah doesn't like to color either and would probably just eat the finger paint. We have let her 'drive' before and it was super fun.
Post a Comment