Friday, June 5, 2009

Rainy day fun

When you have a toddler that wakes up in the 5am hour (and sometimes in the late 4am hour...I kid you not) AND you have rainy days, then it means a lot more hours of the day to fill with activities for someone who has the attention span of an ant.

Last week on a bright and sunny day, I was at Target and on a whim I picked up a pair of rainboots for Addie. They were so darn cute but I considered taking them back because we're all trying to save money these days, but thankfully...my impulse buy came in handy...Addie and I headed out to be Jemima Puddleducks yesterday during a warm afternoon misty rain.


Look mom, I'm wearing boots!

When Addie and I are out after a rain, we like to wave to our reflections in puddles. She always says "hiyeeeeee"

Stomp stomp stomp.

How muddy and dirty can I get my hands before snacktime?

This morning we played "beans". I got out a bag of dry beans and put them in a bowl. Who knew this would be such a hit?

One of Addie's favorite words is "dump" :) Next time we play beans, I'm putting out a blanket--the towel was not a big enough canvas :)

Let's just see how this would feel on my feet...yep...feels good! :)

While I do hope the sun will come out soon, I am glad that rainy days come around here and there because they force me to get creative!

3 comments:

Eva said...

Everybody should have a Mom like you!!!!
So much fun..

Renee and Damian said...

oh my gosh monica!! i love this! she's feeling the earth in those puddles! SO cute! I bought this book:
The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections (Paperback)
by Amanda Blake Soule

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Family-Encourage-Imagination-Connections/dp/1590304713/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244250775&sr=1-1

I was reading it last night and she has SO many creative things in it - and one was using beans, etc. for play. I just had to share with you b/c I think you will love it...you're already doing it! :)

This is Renee from IIN - my identity comes up as my and my husbands name, so I didn't think you would recognize me. :)

Maleah said...

So funny. I love your silly ideas for entertainment. Please share more!!! I really need to get Hannah some rain boots. Last time we went out in her snow boots and they are not waterproof at all. But then again she SAT in the puddle and so she was really wet and dirty when we came in.