Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Practicing

Now that Addie knows she's going to be a big sister, she's practicing being helpful.

She calls all baby carriers "ergo" because that is the brand name of the one that we carry her around in. The other day, she said "Addie ergo" and I asked: "Do you want to go in the ergo?" and she said "Noooo. Addie ergo NOW" and pointed to her tummy. So I took a pashmina scarf and wrapped it around her moby-wrap style so she could hold her own baby.




Since pre-natal yoga seems to be something only first-time moms-to-be have enough time to do, Addie and Reese have been sweet enough to help me practice the downward dog until I can get to a real class.


Addie and Lily practiced being birthday girls by helping Uncle Dan blow out his birthday candles


Addie practiced crawling through tunnels. For most kids, this wouldn't be a big deal, but there has been a lot of tunnel-fear in her life, so we're very excited that she's liking the "tunnah" lately :)

Now that Anne is a big sister, Addie is getting tips from her. Here she is practicing sitting in someone else's lap besides mommy's!

And here's Anne's adorable little brother....haaaaaave you met Ed?


I think with all this practicing, by the time March comes along...Addie'll do a mighty fine job :)

2 comments:

Eva said...

I love the "pashmina ergo" and that you are making her feel familiar with the tunnah-s(?)

Erin said...

Yeah tunnels!!!