They both enjoy crunching the leaves up so much. Cole also tries to eat the leaves...yum yum!
So we try to keep him elevated in swings and such ;)
We used Addie's water table and made it into a leaf table! Here Addie is making "leaf soup"
Add one baby and stir well.
This fall also brought some field trips!
Addie had her first field trip for school to an apple orchard. Addie listening to instructions from her teacher. She was so proud to wear a name tag.
While we were waiting for our farm guide, Addie started an impromptou ring-a-round-the-rosie game with some girls from her class.
Short kids, big wheel.
Checking out the pig pen
Taking the hay ride out to the orchard
Picking apples low...
Pumpkin patch picture---both kids were hungry hence the looks--that's Addie's "Oh mom, not another picture" smile
By the way, school is going MUCH better. Addie still gets "emotional" when I drop her off, but is usually fine for the rest of the day, with an odd minute or so of crying during a transition here and there. But overall I would say it's a HUGE success.
We took a family field trip out to Butler's Orchard for their Fall Festival. Addie had fun riding a John Deere trike.
Addie had ice cream and Cole ate a plastic cup
But Addie had a blast :)
We played a few games
Then Addie rode (and got stuck up in) a giant tractor
The line for the hayride was always so long so we kept saying "eh, she just went on a hayride for the apple orchard" so we didn't push it. Well, we had been telling Addie that we were going to pick out a pumpkin and didn't realize until we were leaving that the hayride takes you TO the pumpkin patch. Oops. :) As you saw in the Halloween post, we did manage to find some pumpkins to turn into Jack O' Lanterns, I found them at a really cool pumpkin patch also known as "Trader Joe's"--they have other treats there, too ;)
Another fun field trip was to a local firestation with my Rockville Mom's Group. Steve was glad it was on a day he got out early so he could come along--I'm not sure who was more excited ;)
And just a few weeks before Addie's birthday (yes, she turned 3--be patient with me, I'm just a few posts behind ;) she wrote her name! I had written her name on a paper above it so she did have it there in front of her to reference, and it looks more like Hodie than Addie, but I was still very very impressed :)


2 comments:
lovely!
Monica, you are so funny from time to time - I loved the picture with the ice cream for Addie and plastic cup for Cole - I am laughing loud - thank you for the blog!!!
Post a Comment