I can't believe how grown-up she has become in even the last few months. She has a crazy vocabulary. She knows how to properly use big words like indentation and echolocation. Just this morning she was playing with something and said "careful mommy, these are fragile" and I asked "what does fragile mean, Addie?" and she answered: "Delicate. Fragile means delicate." Um...yeah, wasn't expecting such a good synonym! Coming home from school on a rainy day a few weeks ago Addie said to me "Mommy, my carseat is a little damp"--I don't even know if *I* use the word damp.
She is still an amazing big sister to Cole, though now that he's crawling, she is getting a bit more frustrated with the toy-sharing, but that's okay, she still loves and hugs and kisses on him all the time.
Addie sings pretty much all.day.long. She makes up songs about what she's doing in the minute and she knows the words to everything from nursery rhymes to her favorite Beatles song "Baby you're a rich man." She's also always always dancing--her versions of Irish dancing, ballet, her own interpretive dancing, doing yoga--and instructing everyone else how to do it exactly like she does.
And she just cracks us up. Ever since Dan and I ran the Army 10-mile race last month, Addie has been running daily races in the living room--she always straps on her armband (just like I wore on my training runs) before she runs and then makes us wave the flag that she and Steve made to cheer me on. Last week she shows up in the living room naked except for a pair of socks.
Addie: I'm going to race, okay?
Me: A naked race, huh?
Addie: Yeah, because they let naked people race now.
She's also quite the sassy pants sometimes.
Me: Addie can you please take your cup into the kitchen?
Addie: No, YOU.
Me: Addie, I asked you to put your cup into the kitchen.
Addie: No, you asked yourSELF to put the cup in the kitchen.
Yikes, is she 3 or 13? I'm not sure because she recently said "Well, I'm almost a grownup acuz I have hair on my legs!" :)
Well we had to celebrate Addie BIG to celebrate turning the big THREE, huh?
We started her big celebration by filling her room with balloons so that she would see them when she woke up in the morning. She LOVED it.
After our family hat picture...
Addie got to open some presents!
That morning, Addie and Cole and I headed to the mall and Addie go to do her first Build-a-Bear! Addie had a blast getting her new bear Coco's heart ready
She then had her favorite meal out--mac and cheese at Noodle "George's" (aka Noodles and Company--we named it Noodle George's exactly a year before at her 2nd birthday!)
After nap, we got her her favorite smoothie. Not a shabby birthday, eh?
Then the New Jersey Silvestro's came down to visit for the big weekend party.
Addie and Julie bonded all weekend!
We had the party at the party room in the apartment complex where I grew up in Va (and even had some of my parties there, too).
Addie wanted a Diego party--for those who don't know, Diego is Dora The Explorer's cousin.
Diego is an animal rescuer, so we set up quite the adventure for the kiddos. First, they had to get across a river by jumping on the turtle's backs.
Then they went under the hanging snakes---ooooh!
Then they dug in the "Quicksand" to rescue the animals.
Then they cleaned off the animals in the rescue center.
Julie wanted to participate.
Happy birthday cupcake!
Again, not old enough to partake in the big kid fun and eating of cupcakes, but these cousins still know how to have a good time!
After the cupcakes, we went outside because the weather was absolutely phenomenal. I ordered it from Mother Nature herself just for Addie's birthday. You're welcome. :)
Super Addie!
We went home to open some presents....
And had pizza for dinner. Cole dug the breadsticks. And since he has a "little" food in his hair, so then it was--as it always is--a hairwash night for him.
which means...nakey kiddos!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADDIE! We love you SO SO SO much.


1 comment:
How did I miss this until now? The Diego birthday looks SO FUN!!!! (well, except for the hanging snakes, I'll call you when they work their way into my nightmares)
Addie, you are SO BIG!
Post a Comment