Well it's been awhile since a Cole update came along and he's done SO much since the time he turned 7 months until now. He's learned to crawl, clap, wave, point, stand, and eat a ridiculous amount of food. Seriously, during several dinners he's eaten at least 5 times the amount of food as Addie and he's successfully eaten anything we've given him, whatever it is, he finds a way to eat it. Steve says, "This kid just needs a giant hoagie."
He's babbling a ton and we think he actually says "mama" on purpose! When we say "Yuck" (you know, if he's picking something up he shouldn't put in his mouth), he sometimes responds with "Duh." He also repeated "butt-butt" after Addie said it the other day--why on earth would they be saying this, you may be wondering. Well that's the name for diaper cream that Addie's friend Shannon taught us many moons ago and it stuck. So yeah...Cole's first word was...butt butt? Not sure we're going to realllly count it ;)
He LOVES to dance. Any toy that plays music and he'll hit the appropriate button over and over again just so he can bop to the music. His favorite game to play is "Where's Coley?"/Peekaboo. His favorite book is "Moo, Baa, LA LA LA" by Sandra Boynton. You just say the name of the book and he starts giggling. Speaking of giggling, this is Cole's main mode of communication. During dinner, Cole starts fussing, I can ask "Cole, do you want water?" No response. "Cole, do you want a mumum cracker?" "Huhhuhhuhuh" Ah....the giggle tells it all. :)
He has his daddy's adventurous streak--is that door closed? He wants to know what's behind it. Is that a curtain? Wait, I NEED to know what is behind that curtain NOW Is there something underneath that pile of nicely folded laundry? I'll take care of that (sigh).
Cole is a sweetheart, he's cuddly, he's smiley, and he's ticklish and has the best belly laugh in the world. It doesn't get any better than that.
He recently did his first art project. I usually save Addie's art projects for when he's taking his morning nap, but we were in the mood so I thought--hey, it's non-toxic.
You want me to do what now?
Ooh, this is fun
See how good I am mama? I'm keeping so clean!
Yeah...the minute I put the camera down after this picture, he smeared that stuff all over his cheeks :)
The results of his first art experience. It was fun, but....it will be awhile before we do that again :)
Coley's first experience with snow
Standing and updating the blog
Just being super cute
Verdict? Adorable. It cannot be denied :)


No comments:
Post a Comment