Steve and I had a little bet going. He said that Cole would be walking before his first birthday, I said he wouldn't. Addie walked a week or two shy of her first birthday and I remember her doing a lot more cruising and pushing a car across the room earlier than Cole did at the same age. Guess what? We were both right. Cole technically took his first unassisted steps before his first birthday. I should know the date, but I don't--it's somewhere on a video on my phone and someday I may go back and find it, but today...you'll just have to believe me :) So...again comparing the kids. Addie wasn't a fast crawler--if you remember, she did a funny one leg in front one leg behind crawl. Cole on the other hand is pretty durn fast. So I think that while he was excited to take some steps, he realized that crawling is just way more efficient. So since he took his first steps almost a month ago now, he still hasn't taken to walking all that much, but here and there, he'll just bust out and go at it.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yeah for Cole! I love how they first walk with their legs all straight, each step full of purpose. If only they knew how hard it would be to straighten their legs when they get older :)
Post a Comment