I know, I know. I've been TERRIBLE about updating the blog. Here's the thing...I get overwhelmed by big tasks. So I throw it on the backburner. Then they get bigger. So when I finally get around to an update, I have so much to update it takes me a long time to choose the photos, upload them (on blogspot you can only do 5 at a time and they upload in reverse order, so you have to do some finagling with the order...bah), then I have to come up with the captions....it's a whole evening! So...I've hereby decided (and surely the grandma's will help keep me accountable) to post once a week. If I do it often then it won't be so stressful, right?
Right :)
So....I am behind a few holidays or two (ahem...Easter....ahem...VALENTINES day) but to ease myself back in the waters, I'm just going to do one theme today...ICE SKATING! I give Gaga all the credit for suggesting and nudging us to do this for a long time. We finally got Addie out there and she was nervous at first but she LOVED it so much we went back a second time.
The first time Gaga came with us and was going to skate with Addie, but Addie was nervous and wanted me to go with her --so that's why I'm wearing short pants--not exactly ice skating gear. I was also unprepared with Addie. I remembered a jacket but EVERY other kid on the ice was wearing a helmet from home. Oops. But the cool thing is that the special "tot skate" session means not a lot of people on the ice and they bring out these little walkers that the kids can hold for support. Pretty cool, huh?
The second time I was a bit more appropriately dressed, and we got Addie pretty cool helmet. Oh, and she was wearing actual gloves instead of socks on her hands.
Hey guys? Can I come?
Cole was just a little jealous :) Next year, little man. Next year.


2 comments:
The smiles are the best and I love Cole's looking on.
"Oh and she was actually wearing gloves instead of socks on her hands." I feel like if I were to kick the bucket these days, this is what should be written on my tombstone.
Note to self: go ice skating! Looks like so much fun.
Post a Comment