Friday, November 2, 2007

So she wasn't a Halloween baby

Despite some urging from kind friends who a). have Halloween birthdays themselves or b). know how much Steve and I love the holiday, the little peanut did not deem Halloween the day to make her appearance onto the drier side of this world. We did celebrate by dressing up (as a skier and his slope), making sushi and miso soup for dinner (but of course, what else do you eat on Halloween?), and welcoming neighborhood trick-or-treaters to our door with our friend Erin (aka "The clown" aka "Chef Boyardee").

We were getting low on candy after awhile, so we "tricked" the little ones by putting kashi granola bars in the candy bowl with the name of the bar facing down. Those kashi bars are MUCH bigger than the snack size milkyways and nutrageous bars, so the kids eagerly went for the large-sized treats and before they knew it--gasp--they grabbed HEALTHY treats. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha......

As of Tuesday's doctor's appointment, there was still no progress. This doesn't mean anything, but when I asked the nurse practitioner about the likelihood that I'll go into labor before the due date she said....eh....why don't you bank on a few days late? In the words of the wise Homer Simpson...d'oh!

And on that note ....I'll leave you with a "Happy November," please keep wishing "go into labor" thoughts for me.

Enjoy the photos! Love, Monica

The skier and his slope.















Erin talking to the little peanut.












And a little fun with photoshop.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

those costumes rock! yay for you two, so creative!

although, the healthy bars ... they're gonna get your house egged ;)

kids want the sugar on all hallows eve silly Silvestros

good luck on the baby front, I'm crossing my fingers for an on-time baby. ha ha

Anonymous said...

Hey Monica and Steve! It's Jen (Alex's wife). I just wanted to let you know, as a person who went a week past her due date, I hope your little one decides to make her appearance soon. Keep us posted!