Saturday, July 5, 2008

Random Fun Stuff

I keep finding photos I like but they didn't fit any particular "post theme." So here's some fun stuff.

I ordered some cute hair clips from etsy.com (a cool website where people can sell their homemade crafts). Addie likes modeling them for about 2 minutes before she pulls them out. Here are a couple:



Addie's getting pretty good at self-feeding these days!

She can grab small chunks of food, such as a piece of baby cereal, a quarter of a blueberry, or a chunk of watermelon and put it in her mouth all by herself.

She's learning how to use a sippy cup


And she can even take a spoon of pureed food that we hand to her (her current favorite is a homemade mix of applesauce, pear sauce, and prune sauce...mmm...prunes) and it usually makes it to her mouth.

Usually...


Not wanting to waste a drop of food...


If we forget to feed her, she'll just gnaw on the nearest item...in this case, a screw on the side of her crib...

Uncle Dan playing with his favorite little girls: Addie and Lily


As Steve lowered Addie into the laundry bag thing, the mothering instinct inside of me said "Um...why are you doing that?" and the instant she hit the bottom and began to laugh, instead of rescuing my daughter from the hands of her adventurous father...I ran and got the camera :)




And I leave you with a video...some clips that I liked that I thought were also a hodge podge, but when I put them together, realized that they are all the essence of our happy little girl, so I entitled it:

Singing. Dancing. Smiling. Laughing.


6 comments:

Jenny said...

aw, fantabulous! I loved the Fraggle Rock song (and the rest of the video) and it was great to see her in the laundry basket. my cats like to climb in mine when it's empty.

ya'll are so lucky ...

CLO said...

Im so excited for our little one to meet Addie (in due course!) :-) Addie will be welcomed to sit on him or beat him up a bit as he needs to learn at a young age how to succumb to beautiful girls hehehe. Love your post! I always love the pics of Addie chewing on things. hehe

Jodi said...

LOTS to love in this post... namely, the hair clips (so cute!) and how much she looks like steve-o in the self-feeding pic.

Anonymous said...

Seth and I especially enjoyed the deep conversation shared by Steve and Adi in the kitchen. We were cracking up!

Thanks for continuing to share the happiness that is Adi with us. She is clearly a very happy baby with two parents who love and enjoy her very much.

Hope all is well! We really should catch up for real sometime!

Anonymous said...

And I feel badly b/c I just realized I spelled Addie "Adi," as our friends here in Cleveland also have an Addie/Adi. Oh...so confusing! My sincere apologies to the little one!

Kaytie said...

SO CUTE! I love baby laughs so much. And the singing together was great.

I have to get some hair accessories for Eloise to tame her wild 'do.