Monday, October 27, 2008

Addie's 1st Halloween

It's time for Adeline's 1st Halloween! Well...sort of. Last year she was around, but she was just a little peanut hidden under a mountain of snow ;) One of the mom's in my mom's group (remember the pile o' babies?) had started planning a big Halloween party months and months ago. We were all very excited, talking about it in the past few weeks during meetups and costume preparations were underway in the Silvestro household (thank you, Bess, for your wonderful sewing skills!)

The morning of the party, my phone rang and Kristi (the host of the party) called with the news that her little son had croup and that she would need to cancel the party. I turned to Steve and asked "want to host a halloween party?" So we rushed home, put Addie down for a nap (she slept for an hour and 45 minutes--how did she know we needed that time to clean? Smart girl) and cleaned our hearts out. Another mom stopped at Kristi's and brought all the wonderful food Kristi prepared over and ta-da---the party was still alive. It was SO much fun. The kids were adorable and all the adults were dressed up--wait, no scratch that. Besides Jolyn who wore cat ears, Steve and I were the only adults dressed up (shocker) :)

Here are some of the pics from the festivities! Our camera has been acting up again (The only time it works perfectly is when I bring it in to the camera shop and show the person working there) so I'm giving photo credits to the wonderful mom's and dad's who also snapped away these photos (M. Yanagi, T. Monfet, and A. Durham)


Presenting....Princess Leia, Yoda, and Han Solo :)





Addie working the room

Princess Kailey, Fish Eleni, Pirate Chase, and Turkey Reese

Helena the Dragon, Wyatt the Ninja, Mason as Tigger, Ellie the Pumpkin, and Mateo as Elmo

Reese decided to bring two outfits--here she is as a Redskins Cheerleader.

And here she is as a Turkey. Peekaboo!

Addie and Reese


In attempts to get all the babies together, we had a bit of a meltdown. Lion Emma began to "roar" and Addie got a little scared


(There are actually some really hilarious ones of Addie crying, but I'm having a hard time downloading them as they were from other's photos--if I can do it, I'll update the post)

Oooh, am I not supposed to have candy yet?
The daddy's (and Kate) with some of the babies


Happy Halloween!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it -- you need to get Yoda her own grammy cane ;-) You guys are the bestest halloweeners I need to copy your halloween photo albulms people can't believe all the characters you've been and are keeping up the fine tradition.

Jenny said...

what a fantastic family costume idea! we have crazy variety happening around our house this year: Scott-Indiana Jones, Elisabeth-Pirate (for the moment), and me-Little White Lies ;)

you're so creative - I just love the costumes!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Jen said...

You guys are so cute!

Erin said...

So adorable you are! Professional the (first two) photos look!

Jessica said...

Your Halloween costumes are the cutest! Glad to know you two are still kids at heart.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I had a chuckle because we have a baby Yoda, too--however, instead of Leia and Han, he is accompanied by big brother Darth Vader. I'll add pics on FB soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that little empathic expression on Addie's face!!!!

Beth Eckhaus said...

You guys look awesome! Have a great day:)

Kaytie said...

Everyone looks great!